With it officially being spring and only having one week left of classes, I thought it would be appropriate to share what I’m up to in this literal season of my life – a sort of state of affairs. Below find what I’m listening to, reading, and dancing to on a daily basis.
- Man Repeller – Oh Boy – Man Repeller is a style blog based in NYC. Run by fashion blogger and author Leandra Medine, the podcast serves as an extension of the website with interviews featuring women from the arts, tech, and startups.
- Monocycle – Another podcast under the Man Repeller umbrella, Monocycle is a ten minute deep dive into the mind of Leandra Medine.
- Modern Love – A spinoff from the Modern Love column in The New York Times, the podcast features stories from the newspaper read by well-known actors and comedians.
- 2 Dope Queens – This is my new favorite podcast moderated by two black comedians in NYC. Hosted live, the show covers a range of topics and showcases various comedians.
- Last Name Basis – A recent recommendation, I find this husband and wife show to be both light and entertaining. With discussions about life and random topics, the podcast is perfect to play while doing other tasks around the house.
- All the Light We Cannot See (Anthony Doerr)
- What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours (Helen Oyeyemi)
- The Namesake (Jhumpa Lahiri)
- And the Mountains Echoed (Khaled Hosseini)
- Girls & Sex (Peggy Orenstein)